I've gotten an award! I was totally taken by surprise, since I only created this blog this month, but hey ho! I was given this award not once, but twice, by Cedar Wood Stables and Horse Girl. I thank you both very much! As does Cash. I took so long getting round to sorting out this award because I wanted to take some photos to celebrate. Alas, my 1:9 scale paper hats didn't look very good when perched on Cash's head, and now it's raining outside, so you'll have to be happy with this photo from earlier this year.
And so, on to business.
Here are the rules:
– Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
– Thank and tag the blog who nominated you.
– Answer their questions and come up with 10 new ones for your nominees
– Nominate 8 blogs (with less than 200 followers*), let them know you’ve nominated them, and link them in your post
– No tag-backs
Cedar Wood Stables' Questions
(You may want a cup of tea at this stage.)
1. Do you ride horses? If so, how often and what disciplines?
The short answer is no. The long answer is that I've always wanted to never allowed to for financial reasons. These days, though, my self-confidence that I can even get on a horse is in the toilet. I'm probably too plump as well. If there is a discipline I would love to be a part of, however, it would be driving.
2. How many pets do you have?
I refer you to my other blog, The Dogs of Greenhill Farm. I have five dogs, a pony, and a pet sheep, along with a few more hundred sheep who aren't quite as friendly. This is my favourite photo of Blue Belle to date:
Isn't she a cutie?
3. Do you customise model horses? What do you use?
Not really, I throw acrylic paint at them sometimes and hope for the best.
4. Favourite book/series?
Horse-wise, War Horse is an amazing book. I'm a fan of many TV programmes, including Doctor Who, Sherlock, Person of Interest, Supernatural, House MD, the odd British police drama, QI, not to mention the comedies and other dramas that I've forgotten to mention. Oh - Blackadder. I write fanfiction.
5. Best model horse memory?
In the living room one day I created a little field for my Schleich horses using VHS tapes. It was the same day I got the then-new Dressage Hanoverian mare. You know, the bay one with the moulded on leg bandages. I just remember playing with them all afternoon. There are other memories, but that's one of my fondest.
6. Model horse/horsey inspiration?
Pretty horses in Breyer and Schleich catalogues.
7. Worst model horse buy?
Every time I run low on money, I think every horse I've ever bought is a bad buy. I do have a pair of Traditional Breyers (Sara Moniet and Pinto Sport Horse) that would fall into this category. I'm trying to sell them.
8. Favourite horse/dog/cat colour?
I'll flip this a bit, and name breeds instead. Horse: Shire, Suffolk Punch, Shetland Pony, Percheron, Friesian and Haflinger / Dog: Border Collie! / Cat: I like the furry ones. Persians, are they? And the ones with three colours. Tortoise shell, I think.
9. What’s your dream horse?
One day I will have a Suffolk Punch. No one can stop me.
10. Any other skills/hobbies?
I like photography a bit...
And I like to draw cartoon horses sometimes. A Shire in harness...
And my Blue Belle in cartoon form...
Horse Girl's Questions
1. What is your favorite place to be?
Gosh, that's a tricky one. I love being at home and spending time with my animals, and at the same I love going to somewhere new (preferably with a dog and a camera).
2. How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging about my dogs for over five years, and my models for about five minutes.
3. What would your dream home be like?
Clean and tidy. Big but not too big. The colours would match. Each room would have a different colour scheme. There would be lots of shelves for
models things. I'd have an office. I'd have a broadband connection (did you know I can only use the internet in my granny's house because there is no phone line to my own house?). There would be a big sofa.
4. How many blog posts have you made?
One my other blog, 604 - on this one, 11. If I remember my high school maths correctly, that is 615 blog posts. Now there's a scary thought.
5. What’s your favorite colour?
I always say I don't have a favourite colour, and yet I seem drawn to blue things...
6. Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?
Er... I've never read/watched Harry Potter. This annoys my friends greatly.
7. Have you got any pets and what are their names?
I refer to a question above. As for names: Jess, Teddy, Pip, Ben and Sheila are the dogs, Blue Belle is the pony, Suckie is the pet ewe, and there are a handful of other sheep with names as well. Dave, Gloria, Norman, Nova, Brian, Malcolm... I like giving sheep human names. It makes me laugh.
8. Have you ever fallen of a chair? (don’t ask)
(I shan't.) I'm pretty sure I have, but I've blocked out the memory due to shame/embarrassment.
9. What brand of model horses do you have the most of if any?
I'd say Schleich outnumbers Breyer by a fair margin. It occurs to me that I've never counted. Shame on me.
10. What is your favorite horse colour?
I like palomino, and I used to call that my favourite colour, but any colour goes, really.
Now, my 10 questions:
1. Do you have trouble coming up with names for things?
2. Is there a model which is your total, absolute favourite?
3. Have you any rules when it comes to buying a new model?
4. Do you have any pets? If so, tell us about them.
5. Tea or coffee?
6. What is your favourite horsey film?
7. Have you every bought a horsey magazine?
8. How open are you to people about your model horse collection?
9. What song is stuck in your head right now?
10. Can you tell us a joke?
And the nominees are...
All of you feel free to ignore me.
Phew, that took a while. Thanks once again to those who nominated me!